Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Week's Past

A week has flown by. I went on to write about the day so far and could not believe that the last entry was last Wednesday.

With work, training, kid's heading back to school, home projects there has been little to no time for a report.

To summarize the last 7 days:

  • Anniversary was last Friday. Sarah and I went to the Vortex in Five Points. It was a given. Friday the 13th, were else do you spend your anniversary. We pigged out on winds, fries, burgers and beers. It was an awesome time with my lovely wife. I felt no guilt eating this tye of food. Ran 18 mile that morning and lost 6 pounds on one run!
  • The weekend. Finishing up home projects and did grocery and the Wal-Mart run. Spent way too much cash on junk. Sarah and I took the girls on Sunday after the 42 mile LTF bike ride to Amicalola Falls. We hiked up all the way to the top. It was good to get out of the house.
  • Monday was a tempo run. 1 EZ, 4 @ 6:41's, 1 EZ.
  • Tuesday: Swam for an hour. I got a lot of crap from other swimmers. Near the end I was the only one in the lane. "Too Fast" they said. All I could think was, "Suck it up". I kept the trap shut and just swam. Ran 5+ miles with Hokan and Ann Marie after the hour swim. Ann Marie kept looking at her Garmin which told her the pace and she would say, "too fast!". After a couple of times I decided that every time Ann Marie looked at the Garmin and said, "too fast" I would increase the pace. I think I did that 6 times on that run. I was just messing with her, it was good to run with her and Hokan though there was a lot of huffing and puffing going on?
  • Wednesday: This brings me to today. Track again. 1 Mile, 2 Miles, 2 X 800M's. Jay, Ann Marie, Darin, Stacy, Amy, Shane & Rebbecca made it out this morning. We met Ken at the track. The mile and 2 mile were tough, but got through them. I trailed Ann Marie and Ken around for their last 1200 and one 400 on my 800 meters. I was glad they were over when they were. The humidity was intense!

Planning a trip for next week. I am running the 20 mile run on Saturday with Jay. I need to plot the course.

1 comment:

  1. Corey's World - the Corey Lane, the Corey Track, just "The Corey..." Hey, man, congrats and happy late anny - wishing you and Sarah continued success on all fronts! And cool about The Vortex - I was down there on Sunday (took part in a photo workshop last weekend) and we ate at The Vortex for lunch. Best. Burgers. In the City! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete