Monday, May 3, 2010

The Weekend

While my friends and training partners enjoyed the weekend racing in a 5K, riding 100miles or even riding and having a few flats along the way, I spent my weekend working around the homestead.

Saturday was spent stream cleaning every carpet in our home from top to bottom. This process took 7 hours and I had planned to move to the cars but ran out of solution.

Sunday was a nice day so I was outside. After church I started on tearing up the front yard around the pear tree. The tree over the last 6 years has grown from a sapling to a giant tree. With the grass being Bermuda the shade had killed off all the grass within a 10 foot radius all around the tree.

The day was spent: killing the rest of the grass, tearing down the brick flower bed that surrounded the tree and lugging the bricks in the back yard, putting edging down and hauling 30 bags of bark mulch from Lowes to cover the area. After that I headed to the back to spread pine straw. Another 9 hour day working in and around the home and I am not even close to being done.

I find it interesting that I can run 20 miles or bike 100 miles and never feel as sore as doing 1 day of yard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment