Sunday, November 15, 2009

Day Forty Five - "Off Season"

Travel always disrupts your regular scheduled patterns. With being away from home Tuesday to Friday neglected items pile up. This is the first time in 43 days that I missed not only one day of the blog but two. In prioritizing my weekend it was more important to be a support at home and focus on items that needed my attention. Over the weekend a lot was accomplished:

The rest of Friday was workload that needed to be attended too.
1. Friday night was pizza & movie night.
2. Saturday morning was a 8 mile run at 7 minute miles.
3. We sent Ellie off on an overnight Girl Scout camp.
4. Fixed the Jeep’s electrical system.
5. Stabilized the Honda so Sarah could drive it while the Van was out of commission. The Van needs transmission repairs, which I think I will let an expert look at first.
6. Went to Fleet Feet to pick up some socks. To my surprise I saw my favorite 3:40 marathoner and Ironman, Ann Marie. We talked for a few minutes but we both had errands to run.
7. Pep Boys for remaining car parts
8. Whole Foods for the weeks meals
9. Finished up repairs on cars. 2 out of 3 are on the road.
10. Picked up a movie at Blockbuster.
11. Sarah, Grace & I brought take-out home. Five Guys: Dang good!
12. Church on Sunday
13. Trader Joes for T-Day Turkey and fixin’s.
14. Publix for a few left over items forgot.

15. Yard work

16. Washed and waxed the Jeep and Honda.
17. Cooking a whole chicken, acorn squash and spinach salad for dinner.
18. Just popped in Apple Crisp for Sunday Night’s dessert.

Tonight is the Pats vs. Colt on Sunday Night Football. I plan on staying up for the whole game. I have an appointment at 5:30AM with Bob to run 8 miles. Bob is running the 8 at 8 minute miles. It is a little slower than what my pace is supposed to be on my 10 miler but I opt’d to run with a friend than to worry about the pace. The morning will come fast and furious just like the weekend speed through was I write this at 4:22PM.

Tomorrow is a new week and 2 weeks before the Atlanta Half Marathon which I have my target set on. Both Sarah and I are going to trim a few pounds over the next 3 weeks and I have designed good healthy meals for us for the next week. We do not diet in our home but increase veggies, fruit, dairy and lean meats while curbing the carbs by 50% and attempting to eliminate processed food. That is the reason we had a last night of binging with Five Guys Burgers.

Updates on all my family and friends will be the focus next week as well as they are all hitting the last 20 mile run of the training program. We are 26 days out from the marathons and I am proud of each of them and where they stand on their runs. More to come on this…

No comments:

Post a Comment