Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Day Fifty Four - "Atlanta Half Marathon Week"

Sunshine is delicious,
Rain is refreshing,
Wind braces us up,
Snow is exhilarating,
There's really no such thing as bad weather,
Only different kinds of good weather."

This week the kids are off from school for the whole week. It is always a challenge to find activities for them to do so they are not vegging out in front of the Boob Tube all day long. Both Sarah and I are working on and off during this week which adds to the challenges. After a few appointments I have lined up I am heading home to hang with the girls and do most of my work from the dining room table in between breaks.

Last night we had “Family Game Night”. This is a tradition that comes and goes in our home depending on the level of extracurricular activities the girls have during the week. The game on the table last night was Clue. I enjoy this type of game. The goal is not only to win but you need to strategize on “who done it” but not give away any “clues” you have as to who the killer is. During the game last night, Sarah asked me a question on my move and without thinking, I gave away the killer and the weapon. I was kicking myself and she knew that I had slipped which she used to her advantage and won the game.

Even board games brings out a healthily dose of competitiveness in all of us.

The night was short and the morning came fast at 4:55AM. Today is swim, the last swim workout for the week.

Coach Mike’s Swim Workout:

200M Warm up
150M Non-Free
100M Kicks
Main Set
4 X 300M @ 5:15
4 X 100M @ 1:40
4 X 200M @ 3:30
50M EZ
100M Side Kick
6 X 25M Power Kicks underwater
100M Zipper Drill
12 X 50M 25M All Out/25M EZ
200M EZ
100M Kick

The swim was not easy this Tuesday morning. It was a combination of a sore right shoulder and Seth and Jeremiah sporadic in their swimming in the lane. Each of the swimmers were not on their game and were continually stopping and jumping into a set. This made the outside lane choppy to swim in. I made the intervals but did not feel my mojo at all during this swim. Seth also stated he met a guy at the Sports Factory who knew me. I instantly said, "Was it Lou?" Seth said, "Yeah it was!". Seth then told me that Lou stated that I was one fast dude. Thanks for the kind but overstated words Lou.

Sat in the hot tub after the swim to heat the shoulder. A bunch of the swimmers jumped in as well and we talked about the half marathon on Thursday. Michele stated that the weather was going to be cold. I tend not to worry about the weather since it is one of the only things you cannot control on race day. On race day, there is no bad weather the weather is what you make of it. You either embrace the environment and focus on your race or focus on the weather and your race will be affected.

This is a busy day at work prior to starting the holiday week with having a few days off.

No comments:

Post a Comment