Monday, November 30, 2009

Day Sixty - "Last Day of November"

“He who has health, has hope. And he who has hope, has everything.”

The last day of another month is upon us. We have sailed through Halloween and right past Thanksgiving. The days continue to speed ahead as the days of your life continue to grow longer. The Christmas Holiday is approaching at warp speed. This upcoming month brings with it not only the signs of tidings and cheer but hopeful accomplishments at the end of a season and the hopeful beginnings of a season to start.

The morning was a late one after having a few days off for the Thanksgiving Day Holiday. I was awoke by my youngest daughter at 6:05AM. This is her regular morning time to wake up and prepare her day for school. I was going to spend the day working from home today due to the doctor's appointments lined up for this issue with the ticker that was discovered two weeks ago.

I went to Johns Creek LTF to run my mid-tempo run on the treadmill. I saw Carmelo in the locker room who just completed IM-Arizona. He was excited that he finished and he proceeded to tell me how well organized the event was put together. This was Carmelo's second Ironman after being away from the sport for a couple of years. I was glad he accomplished a goal that he set out to achieve.

Upstairs at LTF was sparse. I must of hit the changing of the workers to the stay at home parents who just sent the kids off to school. I started out the workout at 8:34's for a warm up and after 1.3 miles turned the pace up to 7:00/mile. I needed about 10 minutes to warm up from the Half on Thursday so I took my time until I felt warm and then settled into a 6:41 pace. I ran this pace for 4.5 miles and then eased off to a 8:34 pace to cool down.

There Turkey Day Half still lingered in the legs after the tempo. Did a good stretch and headed home.

Starting December 1st the countdown for Boston Training begins. It will be bitter sweet for me. Great that I am training for my second consecutive Boston appearance but bitter that I will be there alone without my wife and friends.

Tomorrow is swim after a week's absence. I hope the desire is still there for the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment