Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Busy

With the family being out of town in Boston for 2 weeks I thought the weeks would drag on.

The first couple of days I lived like a hermit in a cave. Did my own thing, hardly went out except to train and repeated the same process. As the first week was ending, the days continually got busier. I had decided after 10 years of hating the White Tile in the main floor bathroom to rip it out and replace it. The process has been time consuming with tearing out the old tile, removing the Wonder Board, replacing the Wonder Board and prepping it for a layer of tile. I went to Home Depot to find out that they discontinued the style of tile I wanted to lay down. The tile was to be consistent with the tile in the Mud Room. Plans changed. Now, I had to search for a tile similar to the discontinued tile.

I made the decision as well to paint the bathroom vanity instead of replacing the sink. The sole purpose for this endeavor was to save money. The sink, though a cream color works fine, so why get rid of it? But the process of painting a vanity is again time consuming. Sanding, priming and painting layer after layer of paint after a sanding to even out the paint is hard. The project has begun and now there is no turning back.

In addition to tiling and painting the vanity, the walls are being painted. Who knew a 7 X 6 foot bathroom would take 5 hours to trim and paint? I guess, not me.

In between this renovation I have worked every day, trained every day and maintained the house in working order. Yes, a single human in a home does make a mess. Cooking, washing dishes, washing clothes, feeding animals, doing yard work and getting ready for the next day east up a lot of time.

The training has not suffered through all of the household items being completed, except for strength training. I usually hit the weights at lunch but I have had to head home to let the dog out after being couped up for 6-7 hours. No biggie, I will resume weight next week.

I have hit all my runs even the 18 mile heat fest on Saturday. To summarize since I don't have a lot of time, it was hot, it was hard and I got heat stroke. Magic potion of an Ice Cold Coke and a dip in the cold Chattahoochee gave me the ability to drive home. Well, to Home Depot in Sandy Springs. I found some tile there and picked up 3 boxes. After the hot 18 mile run, each of those boxes felt as if they weighed a ton.

The family will be home on Saturday.

This does not give me a lot of time to complete the bathroom. Painting, tiling, switching out facets and hardware and clean-up. I am going to attempt to get it done by Friday night come heck or high water.

Busy is an understatement, but since it has been started, it must be completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment