Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Realizing Defeat and Moving On

After posting yesterday my father sent me this qoute:

"History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats."
In order for me to triumph I must get past my defeat....
Done.
Thanks Dad.
I have decided to backdown on the Chicago Marathon in my training. I hate to use this, but "one man's misfortune is another man's gain."
With one of the Wonder Twins being out for the past week with an illness, I have picked up a running partner for the interm. I am planning runs with Bob. I will be running the 20 miler with him based off the 3:15:00 plan. If that is too aggressive for both, we will scale back to the 3:20:00. If this is the case and Todd decideds to run Chicago, I may be able to run with him to get him across the Finish Line in 3:20:00.
It is not fun being injured, but I have accepted that I am so that is how I will be until I can rid my body of this plague.

1 comment: