Monday, June 7, 2010

Countdown

2 weeks, 14 days, 336 hours until the start of Marathon training, again.

I had every intension of knocking out another PR at the Chicago Marathon in October, but with the slow recovery from the Achilles' injury I have had to readjust my training and goals.

On a positive note, my readjustment to the training will give me the opportunity to help Sarah out with her Half Ironman National Championship training that starts today. With going back to the FURMAN program I will be able to bike along with her on the weekends when she does her long rides.

We had decided that I would not be her coach for this training and she has hired Ken Brown to be her coach. We both think this was a smart move so now all I need to do is support her, which is something I do not mind at all.

Trading one goal and helping my wife with her goal is a good thing for both of us.

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps you can run with us mortals... though I have a feeling that will not be the case. Great sharing some TM time this AM.

    ReplyDelete