Friday, June 4, 2010

Run? I Will Get to It.

“Neglect will sooner kill an injury than revenge”

We are back into the groove after coming back from NYC. It was Grace’s 13th birthday on Saturday, May 29th and we jetted off to NYC to hit the town.

After 5 days hitting the sites, eating the town and visiting friends it is good to be back.
The Achilles’ on both legs are still plaguing me. I have neglected the run for the last 30 days.


The pain was intense 24-7 for 3 weeks. Very little sleep and a lot of pain at home and at work. But, after being on my feet for the last 5 days in NYC the Achilles’ are about 30% better…

Visited the foot doctor yesterday afternoon. Pebbles stated he cannot find anything wrong with the feet except for the injury, which is just a “slow healer”. I was fitted with a boot to ease the pain from sleeping. I wore it for the last time during the night for only 5 hours then I could not stand it anymore. Tonight will be longer.

I have 2 more weeks to get back to normal before training starts.

A few more weeks of neglect should put me back on the straight and narrow.

I miss the run…

No comments:

Post a Comment