Thursday, September 9, 2010

Day 4

Runner's log. The last month going into an endurance race I find to be the most challenging. You are starting to peak which means you feel really good and you also feel really bad. Your energy levels fluctuate from highs and lows at any given time. Any endurance athlete can attest to these challenges during training.

Over the next couple weeks I will be logging my training.

Thursday morning: Was feeling very tired upon arriving home last night. Struggled to stay awake through dinner. I was in bed by 8:30PM and lights out by 9pm.

I woke at 5AM. Felt 100% better than 8 hours prior. Got ready to run track and headed over to the gym.

I was the only runner on the track at 6:10AM. The humidity has returned and the football stadium was solemnly quiet in the dark morning.

Workout was 3 X 1600M. Legs were still stiff from Monday and I knew the pace was going to be off. Felt that it is better to run off pace then not to run at all. I was 9-10 seconds off pace for each 1600M. Even with the legs tight and tired, aerobically I felt good.

Headed back to the gym to stretch. Will continue to focus on stretching as I have seen a few friends become injured over the last couple weeks. Lunchtime will consist on stretching and core.

No comments:

Post a Comment