Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Week 3 - A Different Venue

Tuesday’s have been cross training days. Tuesday’s are swim days. Today is a swim day but one thing has changed. The pool. Well, in the way that I abandoned the poor quality, over promised and under delivered same old, same old pool for another pool.

I arrived this morning at 5AM to swim with the group. The group is a level lower than the Master’s Swim group I usually swim with but I swam with a group of good swimmers: Hans, Trey, Janny & Amy.

The workout was right from the Total Immersion Book:
200M Swim
200M Kick
200M Paddles
6 X 25M right side then left side kick no fins
4 X 100M with RI: 15 seconds. Hans, Trey and I were hitting 1:25’s and waiting for Janny & Amy
6 X 25M right side then left side kick no fins
4 X 100M with RI: 15 seconds. Hans, Trey and I were hitting 1:23’s and waiting for Janny & Amy
6 X 25M 3-5 Breath Strokes
4 X 100M with RI: 15 seconds. Hans, Trey and I were hitting 1:20’s and waiting for Janny & Amy
200M Cool Down


It was a short workout and I was in and out in less than 50 minutes. There were approximately 20 people in the water. The water quality was a B to B+ even after the swimmers were in the water. Clear, cool, no dirt. The pool maintenance actually came out and tested the water because the amount of swimmers in both pools halfway through the workout. The chlorine levels were a tad high, but no band-aids or clumps of hair floating in the bottom.

Good group of swimmers this morning. I was actually asked back to swim with them more often.
Lunchtime will be an upper body and core workout. I have 2 weeks of weights left before I stop completely 1 week before Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment