Friday, March 26, 2010

Week 4 - Tempo Run

“The successful man is the average man, focused.”

These weeks leading up to the marathon I need to hone in on the feeling of the pace I will carry for 26.2 miles. These current weeks of training have most of the tempo runs and long runs within 15 seconds of marathon pace.

This morning a 8 mile tempo was completed. 1 mile easy and 7 miles at marathon pace. This particular tempo run acclimate the body to become accustom to running at a certain pace for extended periods of time.

I was able to remain focused and maintain the pace that was prescribed.

Sunday will be the final exam. I have a 20 mile run at marathon pace + 15 seconds. I have a planned route that will be able to help me achieve the goal I need to hit for the full 20. After Sunday is over and if I continue to stay focused on the run the remaining 3 weeks will be a snap for this average runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment