Thursday, March 18, 2010

Week 5 - "Cross Training"

“Rest: the sweet sauce of labor”
Plutarch

This week I have been in search of that sweet sauce. Sleep has not come easy. Hard to fall asleep, waking up constantly in the night or awake prior to the alarm. There has been a lot of pillow time but I would hardly call it rest.

The effect of sleep deprivation on me is attitude. As Sarah has put it, “I am crabby”. I try not to be “crabby” but the littlest things are setting me off. I could name them all, but just about everything gets the undies in a wad this week.

On less than 4 hour so sleep I shut the alarm off 10 minutes prior to the set time. I headed off to Master’s Swim and another session of a cloudy, dirty, high chlorine pool. You can imagine my attitude after seeing the pool for the second time in this condition since the deadline date of March 15th. This date set by LTF management has come and gone and no change. It is time I make a change.

Coach Mike’s Workout:
15 Minutes of Swimming
1 X 500M Descending every 100 meters to the last 100 at 1:30.
1 minute R.I.
Repeat
3 X (4 X 50M) Drills
Fist
Catch-up
Finger Tip
Swim
Main
3 X 100M – 1:50
1 X 200M – 3:05
3 X 100M – 1:45
1 X 200M – 3:05
3 X 100M – 1:45
1 X 200M – 3:05
3 X 100M – 1:30
250M Swim
150M Kick


The workout for the leader of the set was at AT. The followers I would say the sets were at 80-90% effort due to the huge draft in the lane. There were times I was barely stroking and caught the swimmer in front of me. This was a very dobale session.

Tomorrow is a 10 mile run with, yes, runners. Bob and Evan are scheduled for the run and I have asked a few more to join. In any event, I will be awake for this run with the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment