Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Week 10 - "Water, Water, Water Everywhere"

“Don't shirk away from challenges... keep reaching for that star, that sky.”



This is a new week. The week’s past have had obstacles and challenges since starting marathon training. Through all the this stuff that has been going on and with the inconsistency of my training, one thing has been constant. The athletes and people that surround me. My family, my friends, my new friends, my acquaintances and people that I am starting to become friends with.

I thank you for your neverending support. Through you, I continue to be a better man and that is the best thing I can be in life.

If there is any more I can do for you, do not hesitate to ask. It would be my honor and only fitting response to support you as you have to me.

I will keep this entry short since not much has happened since the “Big Game” on Sunday.
Monday was another tempo run. I opted out of the track workout from last week due to obvious reasons. To stay on “track” with mileage and runs I ran a 5-mile mid-tempo run at 6:48’s on the treadmill, again. Wednesday will be the weekly track workout that I am welcoming to stretch the legs out of doors. It will be a good group of athletes heading down to the AHS oval.


This morning was rough to say the least. The first challenge of the day was getting out of bed. I am not back to 100% yet, hovering around 80% right now, and 4:50AM is early. I have not seen 4:50AM in 8 days and the alarm was not welcoming.

I made it to the pool for Master’s. I had decided to back down on the workout to the B lane to get my mojo back from being absent in the water. I jumped into Lane 3 with, Josefina, Jay, Sami, Amy & Rebecca. All of these athletes are solid swimmers and I knew my presence in the lane would be a challenge for them, but a welcoming challenge.

Coach "Jean Shorts"-Mike’s workout:
150M EZ
2 X 100M I.M.
75M Fist
75M Side Kicks
4 X 200M on 3:50 with the last 25M FAST
3 X 400M on 7:50-Every 100M 5 Wall Push-ups
4 X 200M on 3:45
100M EZ
100M Fist
100M Side Kicks
100M Social Kick
100M Form


Thanks for letting me hang in the lane guys. I really appreciate it.

Hitting the weights at lunch. Upper body weights on Tuesday & Thursday, while a leg workout will be in order for Wednesday & Friday.

This week is going to be slowly building back up to a constant level. The challenge I see facing me is being consistent for the last 10 weeks of this training regiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment