Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Day Eight - "Off Season"

A passion of mine is cooking. Now I am no professional chef but I do enjoy creating food experiences for my family. I enjoy grilling and cooking in the kitchen. Last night’s meal was exceptional. Cassoulet with tons of Veggies. The leeks, zucchini, tomatoes, white beans & chicken along with a host of other root vegetables. Along with the herbs, the aroma bellowed through the house subduing the damp Fall night.

This morning was to be a track workout. At around 4AM the rain was pounding the roof and the dark night’s sky was luminescent with explosions of lightning off in the distance. I knew then that track would be cancelled and reset my alarm for 5:30AM.

The sound of the rain was overtaken at 5:30AM by the blare of the radio awakening me from a mid-drift sleep. Since track was cancelled, I had a back-up plan developed while I slept for my run. I got up, grabbed my stuff and headed downstairs. I emailed Jeff to reassure him that I was bagging the track workout and would not meet him at the 5:45AM departure well knowing that he had made the decision hours ago and for sure had the covers wrapped up tight around him and was sound asleep in bed.

As I made the voyage over to LTF the roads were a float with rushing water. Hydroplaning was hard to avoid with inches of water and large puddles forming on the roads of Alpharetta. At some points the water was deep enough to cover the Jeep in a wave of water obstructing my visibility of the road.

I arrived at River LTF and navigated the water’s currents in the parking lot to the front door. In some areas the water was 3-4 inches deep.

My alternate workout was on the Hamster Wheel (treadmill):
1 mile EZ: 8:34 pace
4 X 1 Mile at 6:31 pace
RI: 2 minute walking
1 Mile EZ: 8:34 pace


Not too many people at the gym this morning as I muddled through the workout just to get it done.

Number of meetings and issues today so I need to cut this short. No weights at lunch.

Bob, I weighed in this morning at 148.5lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment