Friday, January 29, 2010

Week 12 - "Tempo Run with the Twins"

"There's a great power in words, if you don't hitch too many of them together."
Josh Billings


With little sleep from the night before my focus this morning was to muster up the energy for a ST run on the treadmill at 5:45AM.


I bumped into Susan L & Stacy as they headed up for a run as well on the treadmills. I followed them upstairs and I headed over to the stationary bikes to warm the legs up and work the kinks out while I waited for the Twins.

Right on schedule the two of them swaggered through the front door of LTF as I observed them from the second floor on the stationary bike. About 5 minutes later the Twins where heading my way side-by-side. Bob and Jay said good morning to Stacy and Susan before we headed to our path that leads nowhere.

The Wonder Twins had a long tempo of 9 miles on deck this morning:

1 Mile EZ @ 8:34 pace
2 Miles ST @ 7:03 pace
1 Mile EZ @ 8:34 pace
1 Mile @ 7:03 pace
1 Mile EZ @ 8:34 pace
2 Miles ST @ 7:03 pace
1 Mile Cool Down


My tempo was a little different at only 6 miles:

2 Miles EZ @ 8:03 pace
3 Miles ST @ 6:27 pace
1 Mile EZ @ 8:34 pace


From the above tempo runs, you can visualize that they were not a walk in the park, but all three did it, and I will leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment