Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Week 13 - "Happy Birthday

"Yesterday is history Tomorrow is mystery Today is a gift."

Eleanor Roosevelt


Today is the day of birth for our youngest daughter. Her birth will always be a special day for our entire family when the odds were stacked against her. Today will be her day to receive gifts, but everyday she is a gift to us.



Happy Birthday!




Donuts & Ice Cream for Breakfast before heading off to School!

Switched up the training schedule in order for me to be home this morning on my baby girl's big day. The tempo I usually do on Friday's was scheduled at lunch today.

Tempo run at lunch which consisted of:

1 mile EZ: 8:05 pace

4 miles at mid-tempo: 6:49 average pace

(Mile 1: 7:18, Mile 2 & 3: 6:48, Mile 4: 6:22)

1 mile EZ: 8:05 pace

Susan L. was on the treadmills as well knocking out her trackworkout. As I was stretching I watched her form and gave her a few key pointers to work on with her upper body form to be more effiicent on the run. If she gets the run down she will be dangerous in the AG category on tri's.

I also ran into Marty Rubin. Marty and I started to run together a few years back. We were equals in our runs and we pushed each other. After a few months of running Marty has some surgery and dropped off of running. He is now doing the Insanity Workouts and has trimmed down. Marty has started to run again but only short distance. I told him if he takes up the long run again to give me a call.

Tonight is dinner out to celebrate! Where we are going, I am glad I got this tempo run in.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I see how you roll now...taking shots at the one lurker who's willing to read and actually make a comment...;) Regardless, thanks for keeping things on 101 Reading level too.

    Happy Birthday to Miss Ellie! Hope she has a great day and wonderful celebration tonight!

    ReplyDelete