Friday, January 1, 2010

Week 16 - "Run into the New Year"

The best athletes address that training has a mental, physical, emotional & spiritual component. To get the most out of your training, consider each of those factors.
Thursday was a busy day. I finished the bead board in the mud room along with purchasing the tile for the floor. I have decided to custom build the shoe bench for the room. Once the cabinets are in this will be the final touches. I will paint the ceiling today but most of the day will be hanging out with the girls.
New Year's Eve for Sarah, Ellie and I was perfect. Ann Marie invited us over to her and Dan's home for a few cocktails and then we headed to Cinco's for an early dinner. It was a very nice evening with Ann Marie, Dan and their son, Kyler and his friend Joey; Susan and Mike Lipscomb and Randy and Susan Allen. We also invited Maddie along to balance out the boy to girl ratio.
The dinner was very good but the company was outstanding. These couples are great people and are becoming great friends as well. It was a fitting end to 2009 spending time with friends and family.
When we arrived home Sarah, Ellie and I had a piece of Ellie's Cupcake cake. This cupcake is designed to be the size of a large cake taking a full box of cake mix and frosting. The Cupcake was decorated by Ellie and we all enjoyed a slice with a cup of tea.
With the working on the mud room, good food, excellent company, awesome dessert and a few beers by 10:30PM Sarah and I were wiped out. Sarah was asleep by 10:45PM and I by 11:00PM. Ellie was determined to see the ball drop in Time Square and by 12:02AM, she has accomplished her goal and the T.V. was off and she was asleep between the two of us.
Again, a perfect New Year's Eve. I would not have had it any other way.
This morning brought a tempo run. I left about 8:30AM and headed over to Johns Creek LTF to knock out:
2 miles EZ @ 8:00/miles
2 miles - Short Tempo @ 6:24/mile
2 miles EZ @ 8:00/miles
Completed this workout and hit the mark on all paces. The gym started to fill up while I stretched and I noticed a lot of New Year's Resolution people hitting it hard at weights and the workout classes. I thought to myself, that this is one way to burn yourself out fast, hit it hard and be totally sore tomorrow and drop it by the end of the month.
Sarah headed down to the Columns this morning to run with Wren. Wren is going to run the Disney Marathon next weekend. She is going to hook up with a pace group and get her well deserved BQ.
The next month will be crazy at the gym with all the newbies. I welcome the change and may meet some new interesting people in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment