Monday, January 11, 2010

Week 14 - "Cross Training"

These words were sent to me today via an email distribution. I usually delete these Junk Emails, but the title caught my attention. I don't believe all of these hold true as you mature but some of them do and for the others? Well, maybe they will make you laugh. And as we grow older this is one of the things that never should fade.


As I Mature

I've learned that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in.
I've learned that no matter how much I care, some people are just a xx h xxx .
I've learned that it takes years to build up trust, and it only takes suspicion, not proof, to destroy it.
I've learned that you can get by on charm for about fifteen minutes. After that, you'd better have a big willy or huge boobs.
I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to others - they are more screwed up than you think.
I've learned that you can keep vomiting long after you think you're finished.
I've learned that we are responsible for what we do, unless we are celebrities.
I've learned that regardless of how hot and steamy a relationship is at first, the passion fades, and the realities of life sink in. (Man, getting old blows)
I've learned that 99% of the time when something isn't working in your house, one of your kids did it.
I've learned that the people you care most about in life are taken from you too soon and all the less important ones just never go away.


After a weekend of projects and football another week is here. This starts week 14 of the training. The weather is still bitterly cold, but I am making the best of it to keep on track. The plan for runs this week are Track on Weds, Tempo on Friday and the Long Run-17 miles on Sunday.

Monday is a "Cross Training" Day. I spent this morning in spin class and will hit the weights at lunch. The plan is a total of 3,570lbs of lifting on the legs. Trying out new hip flexor exercises. Need to add more strength to the mid section. I am finding a little sway in my stride that I believe is attibuted to weakness from sitting at a desk all day.

Weight is continuing to creep up. About 1.5 pound per week. Current weight is 155.5. Need to shed 7lbs in the next 10-11 weeks and maintain my running weight for 3-4 weeks prior to the marathon.



No comments:

Post a Comment