Monday, December 21, 2009

Day Eighty One - "Christmas Break"

"Tension is who you think you should be.
Relaxation is who you are."
Chinese Proverb
One week before the start of Boston Marathon training. I am just going to enjoy the time with the family as we head to Boston for the Christmas Break.
I got out of bed and hit Brian's Spin Class this morning. Hung by Hampton and shot the stuff with him about biking, running and swimming. What else to athletes talk about? Oh yeah, injuries. Hampton is still suffering with back issues limiting his running to only 3 miles. It is killing him not to run. I feel his pain since I was there a couple of years ago. Time and a lot to PT will make him strong again. For the time being I don't mind relishing in being faster than Hampton, for now...
Saw the Wonder Twins in the locker room. They did a 6 mile run, the first one after Rocket City. It was hard to say the least. The first couple after a punishing 26.2 miles is tough. The mind has the ability but the body says, "no way".
Chicago Marathon is on the docket for the Twins. No Half Ironman or Full Ironman in 2010 for them. Speed and endurance for PR's at Chicago are on their plate. I need to assess the season to see if Chicago is going to be my PR or should I shoot for NYC??? Boston will be my early season PR but maybe I have it in me for 2 marathons in 2010 and limit the triathlons to 1 or 2. That is something for next week to work on.
This is the time to relax and enjoy the season. I need to limit stress of traveling and bouncing around from house to house over the next week.
It's all good.
I am trying out the Facebook thing. This is the only stress in my life right now. It is overwhelming. But Ann Marie and Lou said they would guide me through this maze of crazy Wall stuff. I am counting on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment