Thursday, December 31, 2009

Week 16 - New Year's Eve Day

“Year's end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us”
Quoted by Hal Borland


Yesterday, Sarah and I had a date night. We had a great time going to the movies and Ted Montana's Grill for bison burgers, well at least I got a bison burger. It is a pleasure to break away and do something that we both enjoy.

I will not spend a lot of time on reflecting on 2009. 2009 even with the economic downturn, foreclosures, jobs lost and grim outlook all together, for my family and friends 2009 was a good year. Everyone is healthy, everyone is still employed, everyone is safe and everyone had good races and training throughout the year. I could make predictions on 2010, but honestly I hope we roll into 2010 with little change. Except for the economy, which will come back when its time. One thing I can say about 2009 is that I have made a lot of new friends and I appreciate each one of them and our continued friendship that will grow stronger in 2010.

This morning was swim. The drive over to the gym was rainy and cold. Ice had formed in the eves the homes I pasted at 5AM while a majority of the families inside where still asleep. The lot at LTF was sparse. There were about a dozen cars of early morning workout fanatics that braved the cold to hit the gym before sun-up.

The pool had all the regulars. We waited around for Coach Mike but a little after 5:30AM the "alpha" people of the group decided to take control of the situation. A copy of an old workout was copied and we started the morning swim minus the Coach.

After the warm up, Coach Mike decided to show up and switched out our back-up swim workout for the one he had designed.

The workout was:

200M Warm-up
150M - Kick
200M - Pulls

6 X 100M on the 1:45 with the first 25M fast
6 X 100M on the 1:45 with the last 25M fast
6 X 100M on the 1:25's. 25M recovery between each 100M
3 X 400M on the 7's
100M Swim
100M Kick
100M IM
100M Drills

200M kick
100M EZ

We all got in the hot tub and chatted about our evenings and just small talk. Next week starts more control over who swims in the pool on Tuesday's & Thursday's. Mostly with paying. The free ride is over and it is time to pay up for those who do not pony up.

Ellie and I have made one cake as of this morning for Grace to bring to her New Year's Party tonight. Weird that my 12 year old is out tonight and the rest of us are staying home. This is actually find with me. Fondue, wine and homemade cake while the Ball drops sounds just fine.

Besides, I am rolling into 2010 and have a tempo run scheduled for the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment