Monday, December 14, 2009

Day Seventy Four -"Marathon Glory"

Every athlete has doubts. Elite runners in particular are insecure people. You need someone to affirm that what you are doing is right.
Lynn Jennings


Since Saturday I have been attempting to write a remarkable story about this weekend of Marathons, I finally found my inspiration:

Sarah: 3:48:44-Boston Qualifier
Ann Marie: 3:47:37-Boston Qualifier
Tracey: 3:48:01-Boston Qualifier
Bob “The Bullet” Marinich: 3:29:41-Boston Qualifier
Jay "Egg Whites" Eibler: 3:29:40-Boston Qualifier
Michelle Hanson: 3:54:46 PR
Stacy Hurd: 4:26:22 First but not the last marathon

Need I say anymore?
I am proud of all the runners in their accomplishments over the weekend in qualifying for Boston in 2011. The support these runners had during their journey to meet their goals was beyond compare.

Now that their season has come to an end, my season is starting to ramp up after Christmas. My goal during this training session is to get back to Boston in 2011 by qualifying on the course in 2010. The main motivation is to again share in a remarkable event in this runners lives.

1 comment: